Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cooking

I used to really like food, and cooking. There was accomplishment, sensation, delight in discovery. Now I just want to not be hungry. To be nourished. To have the right mix of minerals, lipids, aminos, and carbs to make my body feel great later.

It would also help if said nourishing would help me stay in a single size of pants for more than 6 months at a time.

I'm tired. Tired of not knowing. Tired of trying. Tired of struggling.

I miss the days when food was an adventure, in the early days of my adventures selling fruits and vegetables in the city. I miss it. I'm going to mourn my delight in food, and then I am going to move on.

Life is too short to make choices based not in my current reality, but in my past self-image. Life is too damn short to miss out on what delights me NOW because I'm busy trying to maintain an old flame for tasty food.

No comments: